6.13.2010

June 11th and 12th, 2010






It is 1:00 am and there is still plenty of daylight! The first thing I do when I walk in the door after 8-12 hours of helping Jay build, you guessed it, download pictures and post! We've had a couple of exciting days. We spent friday night (11th) at the lot in our small tent. We thought that it would be nice to quit working and not have to drive back to the house, instead we crawled into the tent and snuggled with Kemper. Kemper came along and didn't sleep well. He made up for it on saturday, between eating mosquitoes and napping in the tent, he decided that was enough action. We worked all day saturday on the 2nd floor decking and came so close to finishing. I (Myra) stayed on the ground, cut all the pieces to whatever measurement Jay yelled out, handed the board to him, and he nailed the decking down. Seriously, I have numbers flashing across my face as I type. It does help doing this several hundred times, I finally can read a tape measure speedily, even upside down! No, not me, the tape measure. The pictures, in some ways, just don't do the lot justice. I need to take a few shots of other things on the lot. Maybe tomorrow. Good night, glad you're keeping up with the Harris' saga!

1 comment:

Haviland's said...

your progress is amazing. i love watching the house come along and see you folks involved with theses steps.
AWESOME!