3.22.2009

Where Does Time Go?

Once again, another weekend has expired before we had a chance to catch our tails. Although the pace of life is fast, we've enjoyed each other and have attained more appreciation in just being content. There are so many things to gripe about-the housing financing deal never seems to end, the bitter wind cuts through you as you wonder as to why it isn't spring yet, we're fed up with apartment living, etc etc...we've balanced our little down times with laughter and family bonding time.

We just returned from Fairbanks where I witnessed three close chess games between Jay and Romay. Each morning we found ourselves at our favorite coffee joint. Inevitably, Romay would grab the tub labled "chess" and nonchalantly proclaim, "c'mon Dad.." as she briskly walked to a table. I'd disappear to the computer tucked into the corner of the shop. Like queens, Romay and I waited for Dad to deliver our drinks, mine a 12 oz. Almond Breve. Perhaps the baristas figured that next time they'd have a picture of us and our typical order and no, coffee doesn't stunt growth, look at the weed like growth of Romay! Of course, all in the midst of all this spending and driving, we tend to miss the other family member that didn't board the plane with us, Kemper. We have a habit of inpersonating our yellow lab's "voice", psychologically it makes us believe he is there with us. We "ooh and ahhh" at the other labs at the pet store with owners and realize that strange gravitation our hearts have with Kemper. I had a chance to read Willie Hensley's latest book, which occupied all my down time for a day. Romay read a copy of Tundra comics and relayed the humor to us in the truck; I turned my head over a hundred times to revel in her particular favorite quote and picture in the book. Of course, Jay, in his dad like humor, added his own renditions to the comic, which either left Romay and I blankly staring at his bad joke or erupting with more laughing. Fun.

I can't believe I'm spending my last few hours of the weekend prepping for this school week, I guess technically I'm not since I've mastered the art of procastination, like blogging. I must have blinked, where did time go?

No comments: