5.17.2008

Latest Photos

GRADUATION


When Jay and I moved to Koyuk 5 years ago, these students were in 8th grade, with the exception of those who moved here later. With Koyuk having a population over 300, we celebrated it's largest graduating class ever, seven. History in the making and as I was writing that earlier comment, my mind reminded me of Koyuk only having one graduate three years ago.



'
Traditionally, during graduation, all the mothers in Koyuk sing a song, "Precious Memories." The bleachers pretty much empty out :) I've gotten to sing it twice now, sniff sniff, makes me think of my grandma and that's an instant happy tear for me!


SCHOOL PICNIC

Highlights from that day:
Teacher water skips across the river with one of the graduates!
Students tell of risky curious experimentation with Clorox.
High school student is committed to attending Alaska Christian College!



No comments: