12.31.2007

Seeing Red


Jason and I were going to put my trap in a certain place, by dump. I didn’t’ think we would catch anything for a couple of days, but Jason thought it was just a matter of time. Ethan, Chris (Kevin’s son-n-law), and Dad went to check my trap. Jason came back to the house to tell me that I caught a fox. I reacted so excitedly that I couldn’t barely get dressed. We sped fast to my trap.

A black socked red fox was frightened of the sight of me. I shot it three times with Ethan’s .22 since I did not bring my own. Holy was its name. It had a white butt and a long black, white, and red tail.

It was my first fox. I am going to skin it (with help from Jason the professional), and stretch it. We’ll send it off, I’ll keep it and hang it in my new bedroom when we move.

2 comments:

Haviland's said...

Wow!! What an awesome experience!
Congratulations!
Happy New Year!

coffeetraps said...

thanks from Romay