1.18.2009

January News

You probably can tell that work has started for Jason and I as there seemed to be a hefty amount of posting during break. Since the last post, we've managed to survive a long spell of interior January chill, around -45, give or take 10 degrees. Since I'm on the subject of weather, right after we warmed up to freezing rain; I couldn't believe Jay was riding a snowmachine with a baseball hat a few days after below zero temperatures. On another note, some people we know are taking a break in Mexico and we volunteered to keep their place warm and tend after their animals. Romay has picked fresh eggs from their chicken coop, more on this later, this deserves a posting of it's own. They also own a 14 year old lab that is deaf, being the dog lovers we are, Kemper has decided to play a little jealous and get upset to the point of diahrrea. Thankfully, that little spell is over. They have a wood boiler and we have the incredibly easy part; loading it with wood that is already hauled and split. Meanwhile, I'm still learning to fly, sort of, as I'm preparing for the written exam. Next month, flying resumes, how I missed it during the short sun filled days! Now, Jason...he never ceases to amaze me with all the skills he has. He took a weekend class with some others and got recertified for lifeguarding. During his break from the class, I'd ask what they had done, he'd tell me and I could sense the ease he did it with. So, yesterday when I went to the pool to run (they have weights and treadmills on the 2nd floor), I felt cool as I told the lifeguard on duty that I'm "Jason Harris' wife" and voila, I was in for free. Hey, if the Harris' can cut corners in saving, we'll do it, $3.00! Penny's run from us as we're pinching every one to build our own home this upcoming summer. Last, Romay...she is such a joy in our home. Oh we have our "moments" but the good far outweighs the negative. Last night, at the ball game, I noticed Romay trying on a pair of Galena Hawks pajama pants. My first thought, "Romay doesn't have any money, hmmm." Well, my CFI and his wife were the ones at the booth selling them and they decided to treat her to a new pair of PJ's, just because. So sweet they are! So I'm sure she'll sport them for the next 2 or 3 days cause I'm sure I'll have to tell her to change out of them :) God Bless. For now, a picture from the past; my computer is acting up, I hope to fix this minor error soon!

(at the space needle, how they have grown since!)

No comments: