8.09.2007

Fixin' for Coffee...



Our legs are a little tight and sore from lifting and moving, I know it all looks humble to begin with, but you're looking at the beginnings of Coal Creek Coffee! I dreamed of starting a small business, ever since I did pretty well with selling espresso at the school for some small fundraisers last year. The building is only 8'X6'X8', perfect for me and my little machines. I'm heading into Anchorage next week to hopefully find a good deal on a generator. I've done quite a bit of shopping around and just wanted to look there to finalize that decision. Since I bought the business license, we've built the place, made plans for buying a generator to power it, and ordered the supplies like syrups and various misc. things! Now, the idea is to allow the building some mobility, afterall, I can tow it to where the people are. So, we've put the shop on some runners that are on PVC pipes and I'll bet it'll pull nicely behind the Ski-Doo. We've had a helper named Marvin. You have to understand Marvin's personality to appreciate him. He just moved to 1st grade (graduated from Jeni's class!) and looks like a mini Buddha, belly and smile and all! He comes around the place wearing a Bob Marley shirt and topped off with his smile and wanted to help by handing us the screws and lifting the ladder to numerous places other than where we really needed it. Marvin is also an avid spitter, so I had to remind him to keep his spitting habit outside and not in the shop. Well, after a couple of hours of hanging out with the kid, he decided it was time to go to the bathroom. Without any shame, he goes about 15 feet from the building, picks a nice view of the mountains, and relieves himself. I just about died, that screw I was putting it probably missed the stud that time. Anyways, he was a good worker and I promised him a snack today. Jay and I are a little slow starting the day, laying around and drinking yummy COFFEE!! I'd better lace my running shoes, the 1/2 marathon is on the 19th and I've slacked the past few days because of this little construction project. SO MANY THINGS we're enjoying, at least me! :) The kids have new bikes too, so Ethan (as Jay says) has pretty much joined a biker gang and Romay has her new friend to entertain, the principal's daughter. Okay, I'd better get going for real!

2 comments:

Haviland's said...

wow - that is cool

DuneMoose said...

I like the "mirror image" pic... threw me off at first.